Minimal Stimulation IVF
The main advantage of Minimal Stimulation IVF is that this procedure is less expensive than normal IVF treatments because the patient only incurs a portion of the medication costs required in a standard IVF cycle. However, you may produce less eggs for retrieval and fertilization and, therefore, have fewer quality embryos to choose from for transfer.
According to Dr. Hugh D. Melnick – founder and Medical Director of Advanced Fertility Services – the best candidates to receive Minimal Stimulation IVF are:
- Women who have unsuccessfully undergone intrauterine insemination (IUI) and are seeking a more aggressive treatment without absorbing the entire expense of the medications used in a standard IVF cycle.
- Young women having an ovarian reserve who will respond positively to light ovarian stimulation.
- Young women who will produce more follicles for aspiration with light ovarian stimulations resulting in more quality embryos to choose from for transfer.
- Women at risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
- Women who have had a previous bad experience with hormonal stimulation.
- Women with diminished ovarian reserve (DOR) who may respond more positively to a milder form of ovarian stimulation and produce better quality eggs.
- Women who – for religious, moral, or personal reasons – don’t want to produce excess embryos.
Advantages of Minimal Stimulation IVF
The main advantage of a minimal stimulation IVF treatment is that this procedure is less expensive than normal IVF treatments because the patient does not incur the medication costs involved with the standard IVF cycle – albeit less eggs may be produced and retrieved.
Popularity of Minimal Stimulation IVF
Dr. Melnick has observed a growing demand for Minimal Stimulation IVF because it is a low-intensity IVF and a milder method of ovarian stimulation IVF. More natural ovarian stimulation is prescribed in place of the standard IVF method. Oral medications, such as Clomid, are typically used to stimulate the woman’s ovaries in place of or in combination with low dose injectable gonadotropins – Follistim, Gonal-F, Bravelle, or Menopur.
Lower Cost Minimal Stimulation IVF
Advanced Fertility Services is committed to lessening your financial burden by offering IVF services at highly competitive prices compared to other fertility centers. As a private center, Advanced Fertility Services has been able to reduce high overhead costs of IVF that are typically passed on to patients by larger hospital programs.
Consult with Dr. Hugh Melnick about whether Minimal Stimulation IVF may be an option for you in the pursuit of your dream to have a baby. Contact Advanced Fertility Services for a consultation today by clicking below or calling 212.369.8700.