The best egg freezing center in NYC is one promoting new and exciting IVF developments in conjunction with oocyte cryopreservation. Thanks to the egg freezing technology at Advanced Fertility Services (AFS), today’s Millennial woman has the opportunity to freeze her young, high quality eggs. Delaying childbearing into a woman’s 30s – or even 40s – is no longer a risk to her fertility. When a woman is ready to have a baby and build a family, she can decide to have her eggs fertilized in vitro for transfer into her uterus.
Women Benefiting from Egg Freezing
Women benefiting from the medical phenomenon of egg freezing are primarily those who want to ensure that they have the ability to be biologically connected to their children in the future. These women want to postpone pregnancy during their prime childbearing years.
- To pursue further education
- To pursue a promising career
- To find the right partner to start a family
Other women benefiting from egg freezing are women who have to undergo cancer treatment requiring chemo or radiation therapy that could render them infertile
Best Egg Freezing Center in NYC
According to recent studies accepted by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), pregnancy rates using frozen eggs are comparable to success rates through In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) using a woman’s freshly harvested eggs. Studies have also shown no evidence of increased chromosomal abnormalities, birth defects, or developmental defects in babies born from frozen eggs.
At Advanced Fertility Services, the egg freezing process and risks are thoroughly explained to every patient.
- A written consent form giving permission for the woman’s eggs to be stored is executed before the entire process begins
- Eggs are retrieved through the traditional IVF procedure
- A freezing solution – cryoprotectant – is applied to the eggs to protect them when they are frozen
- The eggs are then frozen either by cooling them slowly or by vitrification – a fast freezing process – before being stored in tanks of liquid nitrogen
Egg Freezing Cycle Cost at the Best NYC Center
At Advanced Fertility Services, the cost of a full egg freezing cycle ranges between $6,500 and $8,000. This cost range is dependent upon the medication dosage requirements of the individual patient.
- Egg follicle growth monitoring through blood tests and sonograms
- Anesthesia and the egg retrieval surgical procedure
- Oocyte cryopreservation
The fee does not include:
- Fertility medication costs
- Oocyte cryopreservation storage
Advanced Fertility Services charges $600 per year for egg storage and these fees are paid yearly by the patient.
Thawing Fertilization and Transfer Process
At Advanced Fertility Services, the cost of transfer is $4,500. The thawing, fertilization, and transfer process consists of:
- Egg (oocyte) thawing
- Fertilization of the eggs with sperm through Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Monitoring the development of the embryo – 3 to 5 days – in a control laboratory setting
- Embryo transfer procedure – no anesthesia required
World Renowned Egg Freezing Center in NYC
Discover how egg freezing can be a real option for you and your future plans to have a baby. In 1983, Dr. Melnick founded Advanced Fertility Services in New York City. Advanced Fertility Services was the City’s first free-standing In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) center.
Dr. Melnick is available for consultation via Skype. Click the icon below and enter your information – or – call Advanced Fertility Services at 212.369.8700 to schedule your consultation.