The purpose of a consultation visit with an IVF doctor is to obtain a complete medical history from both you and your partner before pursuing a course of diagnostic testing and deciding upon an infertility treatment regimen – such as In Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
IVF Doctor Initial Consultation Cost
The average cost of an initial fertility consultation with Dr. Hugh D. Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services is $350. During your consultation, Dr. Melnick will explore both you and your partner’s:
- Previous infertility treatment, including diagnostic testing and corrective reproductive surgeries
- Chronic illnesses and hospitalizations
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) history
- Lifestyle choices – use of tobacco, alcohol, drugs, Rx medications
- Exposure to toxins – e.g. mold – at home or in the workplace
- Reproductive history – pregnancies, miscarriages, abortions
- Detailed account of your current sexual activity – frequency and timing of intercourse
All of the information compiled by Dr. Hugh Melnick during your initial consultation will be analyzed with a focus on discovering the root cause of your infertility. It is prudent for patients to forward copies of all medical records to Advance Fertility Services (AFS) prior to their initial consultation. Doing so will permit Dr. Melnick to be proactive in evaluating your medical history before your in person, telephonic, or Skype consultation.
Post-Initial Fertility Consultation
After gathering and analyzing the medical and sexual histories of both you and your partner, Dr. Hugh Melnick will recommend the most effective and cost-efficient diagnostic testing method for determining the cause of your infertility.
Some likely diagnostic tests include:
- Semen analysis
- Hormone testing for both male and female
- Transvaginal ultrasound examination
- Ovulation detection and monitoring
- Post-coital testing
- Genetic testing
- Thyroid evaluation
- Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis
Foremost IVF Doctor
Schedule an all-encompassing fertility consultation with Dr. Hugh Melnick – in person, by way of telephone, or via Skype – at Advanced Fertility Services (AFS) and discover how you can overcome your infertility. Click below to schedule a consultation or call directly – 212.369.8700.