When you are contemplating a fresh IVF cycle to finally overcome your infertility, you should seriously consider cryopreserving all leftover quality embryos. Remember, only a predetermine number of fresh embryos (typically 1 or 2) will be transferred in completion of your fresh IVF cycle. Transferring a limited number of embryos reduces the risk of a multiple pregnancy.
Freeze Leftover Embryos
A fresh In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) cycle typically produces between 10 and 15 eggs to be fertilized and cultured. Several quality embryos will be leftover after the fresh transfer. In lieu of disposing of these embryos and chancing having to undergo another fresh IVF cycle, most couples will wisely opt to use Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) technology.
A FET cycle is one in which the frozen embryos from a previous fresh IVF are thawed and then transferred to the mother’s uterus for hopeful implantation. FETs avoid the expense and physical strain of undergoing another fresh IVF cycle.
Other reasons to freeze your leftover embryos after a fresh IVF cycle:
- Increased implantation rates
- Increased ongoing pregnancy rates
- Increased live birth rates
- Decreased miscarriage rates
- Lowered risk of pre-term labor
- Healthier babies
- If the fresh transfer results in a successful pregnancy, the leftover frozen embryos can be used to conceive siblings in the future
- Should the fresh transfer fail to achieve a pregnancy, the leftover frozen embryos can be used for multiple attempts in the future
- If the fresh transfer is successful, the leftover frozen embryos can be used to have additional children in the future
- Leftover frozen embryos can be safely transported to any destination in the world for transfer into the woman’s uterus
- Leftover embryos can be donated to other infertile couples – embryo donation
Frozen Embry Transfer (FET) Pregnancy Success Rate
The pregnancy success rates for FETs are comparable to those of fresh IVF cycles because only quality embryos are cryopreserved for future FETs. Quality embryos are key to increasing the chances of a successful pregnancy and life birth.
Renowned IVF and FET Fertility Doctor
Using his 30+ years of expertise, Dr. Hugh D. Melnick wants to increase your chances of getting pregnant through IVF and FET. Let the Doctor use his decades of experience to cost-effectively increase your family building opportunities through IVF and FET.
Dr. Melnick is available for consultation via Skype. Click the icon below and enter your information – or – call Advanced Fertility Services at 212.369.8700 to schedule your consultation.