New and exciting developments in IVF and cryopreservation give today’s women the opportunity to freeze there unfertilized eggs Oocyte Preservation Program.
Women who benefit from this innovative Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) include:
- Those who want to ensure that they have the ability to be biologically connected to their children in the future but face cancer treatment that requires chemo or radiation therapy, which may render them infertile.
- Those who want to postpone pregnancy during their prime childbearing years because they want to pursue their education and careers, or they want to find a suitable partner to start a family.
Increased Trend and Acceptance of Egg Freezing
Employers have also gotten on board with egg freezing technology. In the fall of last year, Facebook and Apple announced a new monetary benefit to employees who desire to freeze their eggs in order to delay starting a family. This monetary benefit is applied toward the egg freezing procedure and is a new tactic being used by employers in order to delay the loss of talented females who are in their prime reproduction years.
Full Egg Freezing Cycle Cost – $6,500 to $8,000
At Advanced Fertility Services (ASR) – founded by Dr. Hugh D. Melnick in 1983 – a complete egg freezing cycle includes the following medical services:
- Medication to stimulate ovulatory function – The patient is administered a series of hormone medication injections to stimulate the development of multiple follicles through the optimum stage of egg maturity and one additional injection to induce ovulation.
- Outpatient egg retrieval medical procedure under anesthesia – The patient’s eggs are retrieved by the doctor using a transvaginal ultrasound-guided aspiration tool while she is under local anesthesia.
The cost of a full egg freezing cycle is between $6,500 and $8,000. This cost range is dependent upon the medication dosage requirements of the individual patient.
Storage Fees for Egg Cryopreservation – $600 annually
ASR charges $600 per year for egg cryopreservation and these fees are paid yearly.
Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) – $4,500
The FET process consists of:
- Egg (oocyte) thawing
- Fertilization of the eggs with sperm through intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Monitoring the development of the embryo – 3 to 5 days – in a control laboratory setting
- Embryo transfer procedure – no anesthesia required
Within the full egg freezing cycle, the cost of each FET at ASR is $4,500.
More Information About the Cost of a Full Egg Freezing Cycle
To discover if egg freezing is an option for you and your future plans to have a baby, schedule a consultation with Dr. Melnick today. Based upon your individualized needs, he will inform you about the cost of a full egg freezing cycle. Click below and enter your information or call Advanced Fertility Services at 212.369.8700.