Calculating your IVF due date is much more accurate than estimating a natural conception due date. If you are undergoing In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), you can calculate a much more precise due date for your baby because you will know the exact date of your embryo transfer. Not only can you calculate you due date, you can also calculate your baby’s prenatal development based upon trimester dates and pinpoint your prenatal testing dates!
IVF Due Date Calculator
The average gestational age for a baby at the time of birth is approximately 40 weeks from the date of the mother’s last menstrual cycle. After your IVF procedure – the date of embryo(s) insertion into your uterus – you will wait for approximately 2 weeks for your pregnancy to be confirmed by way of a blood test.
IVF Due Date
Some basic rules of thumb for using an IVF Due Date Calculator:
- 40 weeks is only an estimated gestational age because babies can be born within a 30 day window of this date and be healthy
- Normal term gestation is generally recognized as between 37 and 42 weeks
- Only about 10 percent of birth mothers actually have their babies on their calculated due date
Most due date calculators will determine your baby’s birth date based upon:
- The first day of your last menstruation cycle
- The day you ovulated
- The day you were inseminated via IUI
- The day your eggs were retrieved via IVF
- The day of your embryo transfer
Other due date calculators will provide other detailed information such as:
- Due dates for multiple births (twins, triplets)
- Trimester dates
- Prenatal testing dates
Multiple pregnancies achieved through the IVF procedure may produce special considerations concerning your upcoming IVF due date. Because there is a chance of multiple pregnancy when more than one embryo is transferred via the IVF procedure, you should be aware of the following typical gestational periods if you become pregnant with more than one baby:
- Twins = 37 weeks
- Triplets = 33 weeks
- Quadruplets = 31 weeks
Preeminent IVF Specialist
To receive the answers to the questions you have about how to use an IVF due date calculator, schedule your Skype Consultation with world renowned pioneering doctor of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) – Dr. Hugh D. Melnick. Click below and enter your information – or, call direct – 212.369.8700.