A woman’s hope of having a biologically connected child does not have to end with early onset menopause, low egg reserve, or advanced maternal age. Ovaries can be rejuvenated into releasing fertile eggs through Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy is an innovative medical outpatient procedure giving women the hope of getting pregnant with their own eggs.
Ovarian Reserve Rejuvenation
A woman’s ovarian reserve diminishes over time. A woman’s egg reserve is lowered in terms of quantity and quality of eggs as she ages.
Women are born with a number of eggs – her ovarian reserve. Between puberty and menopause, this number of eggs reduces steadily. Menopause occurs around the age of 50 and a woman’s ovaries stop releasing eggs. By the time menopause sets in, most women are already infertile due to their advanced maternal age.
The Ovarian Rejuvenation Process
Injections of growth factors are made from a patient’s own blood and blood cells. This process is known as Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) or Platelet Derived Growth Factors (PDGF) Therapy.
Preparation of the Patient’s PRP
- Insertion of a needle into the patient’s vein to fill several tubes of blood sample
- White blood cells and platelets are separated from red blood cells and serum through centrifugation
- This process takes less than one hour
Injection of PRP into the Patient’s ovaries
- Non-surgical injection approach
- Transvaginal ultrasound-guided injection performed with the patient under sedation (Propofol)
- Injection of PRP into the patient’s ovaries is similar to the surgical procedure used to retrieve eggs in the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) process
Experienced Ovarian Rejuvenation Doctor
Through the ovarian rejuvenation process, Dr. Hugh D. Melnick, has successfully helped women previous unable to produce eggs achieve pregnancy with their own eggs. Pregnancy had not been possible for these women prior to the performance of ovarian rejuvenation.
The ovarian rejuvenation procedure has been established as one having:
- A well-established safety record
- An extremely low complication rate
Ovarian Rejuvenation Candidates
Any woman who has been diagnosed in one or more of the following patient categories:
- Menopausal or perimenopausal women under 50
- Infertile women over 35 diagnosed with a low egg reserve
- Infertile women over 35 diagnosed with a low AntiMullerian hormone level
- Women under 35 diagnosed with a low egg reserve
- Women under 35 diagnosed with a low AntiMullerian hormone level
- Women with Premature Ovarian Failure (POF)
Renowned Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy Provider
Dr. Hugh D. Melnick’s nonsurgical technique for the intraovarian injection makes the procedure less invasive and better tolerated by patients than the traditional laparoscopic approach used in research studies. The cost of an initial with Dr. Melnick for your evaluation and sonogram is approximately $350. The cost of the Ovarian Rejuvenation Procedure performed by Dr. Melnick is approximately $3,500, which includes the fee for your anesthesiologist.
Dr. Melnick is available for consultation via Skype. Click the icon below and enter your information – or – call Advanced Fertility Services at 212.369.8700 to schedule your consultation.