The signs of what is stopping you from getting pregnant may be hiding in plain sight. You may not even know these signs because you’ve come to view them as normal. If you have been having regular, unprotected sexual intercourse and have not been able to conceive, you should seek medical attention.
- A woman under 35 trying for one year
- A woman over 35 trying for six months
Signs of Infertility
The signs of infertility can be subtle and often go unnoticed until a woman tries to get pregnant. If you have any of the below listed common signs of infertility, you should schedule a consultation with renowned fertility specialist – Dr. Hugh D. Melnick – founder and Medical Director of Advanced Fertility Services.
- Very short or extraordinarily long menstrual cycles – or, your cycle is unpredictable
- Very light or heavy and intense blood flow during your menstrual cycle
- Severe menstrual cramps
- More than one miscarriage
- Being extremely underweight or overweight
- History of exposure to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
These signs of infertility are indicative of a medical condition preventing you from conceiving naturally. To maximize your fertility level, you must seek medical attention immediately. Do not waste precious time by waiting past your prime reproductive years.
- Hormone Testing – for both males and females
- Transvaginal Ultrasound Examinations
- Ovulation Detection and Monitoring
- Semen Analysis
- Post-Coital Testing
- Genetic Testing for Couples and Individuals (PGT and PGS)
- Thyroid Evaluation – Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Miscarriage Evaluations
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
Preferred Infertility Treatment Options
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), also referred to as artificial insemination
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), using your own eggs or donor eggs
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) in conjunction with IVF
Discover More Signs of Infertility and Treatment Options
Discover other signs of infertility you are not aware and your respective treatment options by scheduling a thorough diagnostic testing consultation with Dr. Hugh D. Melnick. Once he has accurately diagnosed the medical condition preventing you from getting pregnant, the Doctor will design an individualized treatment plan to help you have the baby of your dreams.
Click the icon below and enter your information – or – call Advanced Fertility Services at 212.369.8700 to schedule your consultation.