The most successful and cost-efficient fertility treatment used to enhance an infertile couple’s chances of having a baby is through the modern medical marvel of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). IVF is a proven method of increasing a woman’s chances of conceiving a baby according to pioneering IVF Doctor – Dr. Hugh D. Melnick. The Doctor has successfully treated thousands of couples for their infertility for over 20 years using IVF.
Most women have a 20 to 35 percent per cycle success rate. Some women have achieved up to a 40 percent IVF success rate. These phenomenal success rates should place women about to undergo IVF with a feeling of comfort, should their first attempt fail.
IVF is typically prescribed is for women who have failed to achieve a pregnancy after undergoing a series of less complicated medical procedures, such as Intrauterine Insemination (IUI).
IVF is recommended in cases of:
- Advanced maternal age of a woman – typically, over 35 years of age
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes
- Ovulation disorders – premature ovarian failure or uterine fibroids
- Lack of fallopian tubes due to surgical removal
- Genetic disorder
- Male factor infertility, including blockage, decreased sperm count or motility
- Unexplained infertility
IVF is a simple outpatient surgical procedure performed under local anesthesia. She can resume normal activities the day after the procedure
After her cycle has been regulated, the woman is administered a series of hormone medication injections to stimulate the development of multiple follicles. When her eggs have reach a prime stage of maturity, the doctor determines when to induce ovulation via hCG injection administration.
- The patient’s eggs are surgically retrieved by the doctor using a transvaginal ultrasound-guided aspiration tool
- The patient’s eggs are then fertilized with sperm in a controlled embryological laboratory
- All resulting embryos are continuously monitored until they reach an optimum stage of development
- One or more high grade embryo(s) are then transferred to the woman’s uterus via an insemination catheter
- The patient has the option of electing to freeze excess embryos for future transfers should the first attempt fail
Successful IVF Treatment Provider
Founded by Dr. Hugh D. Melnick in 1983, Advanced Fertility Services is acclaimed as the City’s first free-standing IVF center. Today, the center is a world-renowned IVF clinic offering all-encompassing IVF treatment options for couples struggling with infertility.
Dr. Melnick is available for consultation via Skype. Click the icon below and enter your information – or – call Advanced Fertility Services at 212.369.8700 to schedule your consultation.